Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone heard of Gemsy Sewing Machine?Like a Juki.???

Banned
    Has anyone heard of Gemsy??? It's a generic of the Juki. Found it on line with a table and without. But the Max stitch is 6per in. I thought that is few, Is Juki the same way??? Gemsy is more reasonable and they have a Toyota as well that is the same 6 per inch Max,Maybe I don't understand. Do you know?

I haven't heard of it but 6 stitches per inch are pretty big stitches, for basting I would guess, don't think you'd want them any bigger. Do you have the link to this machine? I'd like to check it out.

lin
    Hi Pro. I have a Juki, and on my largest setting (6) I get exactly 4 stitches to one inch. That's the largest basting stitch I've personally seen on any domestic machine.

http://www.tradekey.com/profile_view/uid/954356/China-Gemsy-Sewing-Machine.htm

If you put in google there is a lot of information out there

Banned
    :? What do youall think? It looks good but 6" Max doesn't sound good for sewing/piecing etc. It won't work. Anyone got any other ideas on these type machines?? I'm glad someone had a link, I don't know how.

Banned
    :? Ok so maybe I'm wrong, time to do some thinking. mmmmm.

I remember sewing in the factory and one of the machines we had was an industrial Juki. No one wanted to sew on it and they all called it El Diablo. :)

lin
    Huh? I have to wonder why. Now that's I've sewn on a Juki, I can't imagine sewing on any other machine. :) It must have had a personality all it's own. LOL

HJ

:) It may be advrtised as a generic of the Juki, but, don't believe I have heard good things about them.

I'm going to check for more sites I haven't heard of them till you mentiond them

http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/gemtn.htm

http://www.sewingmachinesmart.com/servlet/the-Brands-cln-GEMSY/Categories

Thay have won awards and they have been made for 10 years.......they are a highspeed comercial machine........they have a ful line.......looks good