Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone sewn a quilted cover for their Nook?

Has anyone sewn a quilted cover for their Nook?

Hi everyone....My daughter gave me a Nook for Xmas.....and was wondering if anyone has made a quilted cover for one.....and if you have would you share your pattern?....I have a pretty good idea of how to make one but thought I might check out some patterns before attempting to make one....Thx Trish

I made a quick one just to protect it from scratches, but I am changing my design to included a handle. I actually broke my Kindle trying to prevent it from falling when I tripped. Grabbing it, I squeezed the screen and it didn't work right after that. SO, I want a handle so that I'm not holding it that way.

All I did was make a padded rectangle double the size of the Kindle using leftover batting. I folded one side up until it securely held the Kindle. Then pinned, sewed on both sides. Then top stitched all around.
    Current piecing: Zig Zag quilt & LOTL (HSTs done, assembling units)
    Hand piecing project: Apple core (TOP IS DONE!!!! Yay!)

I made one like this for my daughter's Nook. I didn't do the appliqued flower. It was a little long, so if you use this pattern, you might want to alter it for the Nook.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/bookkeeper.html

I made one for my Kindle fire.. I made it with scraps on the outside, and a solid piece on the inside.. I put a piece of velcro to use as a closure.. It took maybe 1/2 hour.. You really don't need a pattern.. Just imagination.
    Barri

Power Poster
    I think if I was to do one, I would want to slip some kind of stiffener into the sides. I'm thinking maybe the cardboard from an old binder? It would add a little extra protection along with the padded cover. I think d-rings on the corners for a detachable sholder strap would be nice too. That way if your hands are full, it is safe on your sholder.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I am going to work on one tomorrow. I have some fabric left from a quilt I think I will use.

Blog Entries
    I made I put rigid plastic then batting between the inside and outside I also put a strip of valcrow on the back of my reader and a piece on the fabric . My reader has never fell out of its cover I have dropped it twice and it was protected enough it did not break hope this is clear feel free to pm me if you want detailed instructions

Blog Entries
    I made this one for MIL for Christmas

http://www.createforless.com/Atkinso...utm_medium=cse
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    To stiffen is, try using a composition book. It's almost exactly the right size, not really stiff. And a pocket on the back for the charger.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Wow...thx everyone for your advise......I will post when I get one done...would love to see pictures of some......the ones I saw are really cute atleast I have some idea...Trish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast