Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone sewn a quilted cover for their Nook?

Has anyone sewn a quilted cover for their Nook?

Hi everyone....My daughter gave me a Nook for Xmas.....and was wondering if anyone has made a quilted cover for one.....and if you have would you share your pattern?....I have a pretty good idea of how to make one but thought I might check out some patterns before attempting to make one....Thx Trish

I made a quick one just to protect it from scratches, but I am changing my design to included a handle. I actually broke my Kindle trying to prevent it from falling when I tripped. Grabbing it, I squeezed the screen and it didn't work right after that. SO, I want a handle so that I'm not holding it that way.

All I did was make a padded rectangle double the size of the Kindle using leftover batting. I folded one side up until it securely held the Kindle. Then pinned, sewed on both sides. Then top stitched all around.

I made one like this for my daughter's Nook. I didn't do the appliqued flower. It was a little long, so if you use this pattern, you might want to alter it for the Nook.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/bookkeeper.html

I made one for my Kindle fire.. I made it with scraps on the outside, and a solid piece on the inside.. I put a piece of velcro to use as a closure.. It took maybe 1/2 hour.. You really don't need a pattern.. Just imagination.
    Barri

Power Poster
    I think if I was to do one, I would want to slip some kind of stiffener into the sides. I'm thinking maybe the cardboard from an old binder? It would add a little extra protection along with the padded cover. I think d-rings on the corners for a detachable sholder strap would be nice too. That way if your hands are full, it is safe on your sholder.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I am going to work on one tomorrow. I have some fabric left from a quilt I think I will use.

Blog Entries
    I made I put rigid plastic then batting between the inside and outside I also put a strip of valcrow on the back of my reader and a piece on the fabric . My reader has never fell out of its cover I have dropped it twice and it was protected enough it did not break hope this is clear feel free to pm me if you want detailed instructions

Blog Entries
    I made this one for MIL for Christmas

http://www.createforless.com/Atkinso...utm_medium=cse
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    To stiffen is, try using a composition book. It's almost exactly the right size, not really stiff. And a pocket on the back for the charger.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Wow...thx everyone for your advise......I will post when I get one done...would love to see pictures of some......the ones I saw are really cute atleast I have some idea...Trish

I just made mine sort of like a small padded quilted pillowcase. Then I made a small matching tote bag to put it in. Works for me.

Dina

I posted my IPad cover with pattern info. The pattern has an e-reader vs with it.

E-Velope by www.quiltwoman.com

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I think I might make mine more of a snap bag type ...I'll have to play around with measurements.

I don't have one but I made one for a friend using the pattern from the moda bake shop. I just did it in colors my friend likes without all the cutsey stuff. It turned out ok. Everytime this question is asked everyone will tell you the most popular one is the moda one.

I made them. For myself and family members. No pattern needed. I just took some muslin and basted a slip on cover then used that for my pattern. Patterns are too restricting and don't encourage me to do my own thing.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Blog Entries
    If you go to emblibrary.com you may have to search under projects but they have some and then a link to one for all of the readers and the measurments.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    there are a lot of free patterns on the internet for the Nook and Kindle. Just google it.