Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone taken a Craftsy on-line class? >

Has anyone taken a Craftsy on-line class?

Has anyone taken a Craftsy on-line class?

Old 02-05-2012, 07:19 PM

Default Has anyone taken a Craftsy on-line class?

I received an email advertising a Machine Quilting/Free Motion on-line class for the reduced price of $29 (usually $59). Good until Feb. 12.
Has anyone taken this class or one of their others? Do you think it was worth the price? THX in advance.

http://www.craftsy.com/class/Machine...C9B6F2C4.bowie
Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 PM

I'm doing the free BOM class at the moment. I like it so far, very informative and you can play the video as many times as you like. Hopefully others will be able to help more.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Yes, I have taken 3 different Craftsy quilting classes and each one of them has been wonderful. The ability to watch them over and over and start and stop them is great. I highly recommend the classes....especially when you get them on sale!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:50 PM

I am currently taking that class right now. So far I think it is great, because I am very new to quilting, and she does show very basic things that even I can understand. Like the others said, it's also great because you can watch them over and over as many times as you like. They also have discussions for each lesson, so you can ask questions if you have any.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 PM

That was my first craftsy class and I learned so much! I do like the fact that I can go back and rewatch the videos and ask questions. The instructor is very good about answering questions and on the forums others can have feedback also. Well worth the money if you want to learn about FMQ and MQ
Old 02-06-2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
I received an email advertising a Machine Quilting/Free Motion on-line class for the reduced price of $29 (usually $59). Good until Feb. 12.
Has anyone taken this class or one of their others? Do you think it was worth the price? THX in advance.

http://www.craftsy.com/class/Machine...C9B6F2C4.bowie
I have taken several Craftsy classes which I bought on sale, and I have benefited from each one of them. I think they are worth the money if you can get them when they are on sale. And they are yours forever, or until there are no more computers on the planet!!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:03 AM

I have taken 3, all at reduced prices. They are great!!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:59 AM

How does one get the reduced prices for the classes? That would greatly interest me. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM

I've taken 1 all the way through - and I just signed up for the one you mentioned. I LOVE IT!!! I can zip through the lesson to whatever point I want, I can replay it as many times as I wish. I HIGHLY recommend the lessons.

I wait for them to go on sale too - I feel that the $29 price is perfect for what I get.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I took one of their classes and found it was too easy for me so I wrote them and they let me change classes. That's been over 6 months ago and I can still go to the classes and review them. I also belong to their free BOM. It's a great class. And Jenny Doan has excellent YouTube videos out there you should check out. I've learned so much from her.