Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone tried using berber? >

Has anyone tried using berber?

Has anyone tried using berber?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:09 PM

My DIL bought a "kit" from my LQS some years ago (when I was not doing much quilting). It was a beautiful winter scene in flannel. It was a whole large piece ready to attach to a gorgeous pale pink berber. With berber, all you do is add the top (no batting) and quilt. You do not have to do heavy quilting as there is nothing really to hold together inside the blanket. Her quilt turned out beautiful. We have not been able to find anymore kits like that but my LQS in Rush City, MN does carry several colors of berber. Let me know if you have ever used it. Thanks. Yolanda from Illinois/Wisconsin.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:05 PM

i do not know what berber is
Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 PM

Like Berber carpeting?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 PM
e4

From Wisegeek.com:

"To make Berber fleece, yarn is knitted into fabric, which is brushed with wire brushes to pull the material together and to fluff it up. The resulting material has a looped, soft pile, with large air pockets, which improve the insulating properties of the fabric. The pile is sheared to create an even length, and the Berber fleece is ready for use. Synthetic materials such as polyester are most frequently used to create Berber fleece, which tends to be strong, stretchy, and colorfast."
Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by e4
From Wisegeek.com:

"To make Berber fleece, yarn is knitted into fabric, which is brushed with wire brushes to pull the material together and to fluff it up. The resulting material has a looped, soft pile, with large air pockets, which improve the insulating properties of the fabric. The pile is sheared to create an even length, and the Berber fleece is ready for use. Synthetic materials such as polyester are most frequently used to create Berber fleece, which tends to be strong, stretchy, and colorfast."
Thanks for the info e4, I'll be on the look out for it. It sounds great. Have you used it?