Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone used Soft N Crafty Toasty Natural Cotton Batting

Has anyone used Soft N Crafty Toasty Natural Cotton Batting

from Joann's ?? It's on sale today only for $90 which sounds like a good deal, but don't want to spend that much if it's not good.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-16-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: language
    ​Nancy

Sorry, I haven't used the the cotton batting as I prefer polyester -- I am very impressed with their polyester product as it has a even, firm consistency and quilts well!! good luck!!
    diane

I have a roll of it and like it. What I've used it for has turned out very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfch8184 View Post
    I have a roll of it and like it. What I've used it for has turned out very nicely.
    I'm also thinking about trying it. It's sure a lot cheaper than Warm and Natural.

There is one review On JoAnn's web site , it was positive. It said it was a bit thinner than W&N. For the price and the free shipping... I would go for it.

It is from the same company as W & N so it should be a decent product I would imagine
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    It is from the same company as W & N so it should be a decent product I would imagine
    It isn't from the Warm Company, which makes W&N. Fairfield makes one called Soft and Toasty, and the Warm Company makes Soft and Bright (which I like very much), but the packaging on this one is different. There have been mixed reviews on it, with some people saying it's much like W&N but a little thinner and others saying that the product has thick and thin spots. Here's an earlier review on quiltingboard - Problems with Batting. I still can't decide whether to buy some and take a chance on it. I guess it could be returned to JoAnn's if it's unacceptable, as long as it hasn't been cut or washed.