Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: this ? has been discussed before, but, I would like opinons and place to buy

I like the sandpaper dots because they are flat and allow the ruler to still hold the fabric in place. The clear dots are taller so when you make a cut the fabric can and does move causing problems. I really like the creative grid rulers, they have their own rough spots already on them. They don't grab the fabric like the sandpaper dots, but I do like the rulers. Took me a little while to get used to them, with 1/2" on one side and a 1" interval on the other so you have to be careful which side you are cutting from. You know the saying "measure twice, cut once"!

hello. I think the best is still " invisagrip' cut 1/4 " smaller than youe ruler. just enough friction so you have no slippage!

Quote Originally Posted by EagarBeez
    I would like to purchase some of those sticky things to put on my rulers to prevent slippage. I have come across, plain clear fabric grabber plastic dots, sandpaper dots and rubberized slip knots
    Out of the 3 which do you think is better and where do I look to buy them.
    Thank you
    I prefer the special plastic you cover the whole ruler. Here in Australia it is called Clear Grip. It is 12.1/2x1yard. I have no slipping of the rulers. I did find the sandpaper soon wears out, I do not know about the other two mentioned.

love " invisa grip' CLEAR PLASTIC FOR THE BACK OF YOUR RULERS.

Alex Anderson (Simply Quilts) and The Quilt Show.com
    She had a simple tip on her web e-mail today. Put a drop of clear nail polish on the bottom of the ruler and then sprinkle with salt. Let it dry and you are good to go and cheap too... I am going to try this and include it in the newsletter for the guild this month.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6