Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever bought a full bolt?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Just wondering how many of you have ever bought a full bolt of fabric? If so, where did you buy it, and were you able to get it at a fair price?

Blog Entries
    I buy full bolts of fabric that will make good backing fabric for a lot of quilts or for borders. Can't beat a bolt of go with anything fabric. I don't see many whole bolt discounts anymore but when it's on sale I will buy a whole bolt. I won't spend over $6 a yard for a bolt. I buy bolts of Warm and Natural batting at WalMart when I see a new bolt not opened. A bolt of good muslin is a must for me to keep on hand.

Banned
    I buy full bolts at Marshall Dry Goods :thumbup:

I bought a full bolt yesterday of Kona muslin with a 50% coupon.

I only buy full bolts when I have a 50% off coupon. I'm cheap and I get half the bolt for free.

Power Poster
    Yes - when they are on clearance or major sale.

When our WalMart was having their big fabric sale a couple years ago I got several full bolts of material....black satin poie de soie (sp??) for $1/yd, heavy fleece for $2/yd, & my best friend got handkerchef linen for $1/yd. Several years prior to that I got a bolt of upholstry fabric (17 yds) for $1/yd. And when the local furniture mfr. closed I got 3 or 4 other bolts (rolls) at similar pricing. This was very definitely clearance pricing, not regular price, and too good to pass up.

Blog Entries
    I buy Kona cotton by the bolt for backings and for piecing. I also by a whole roll of batting at a time with a coupon. Great savings!

I buy muslin by the bolt. I buy the 200 count muslin and use it for sample blocks and to practice quilting. With a 50% coupon, I end up paying less than $1 a yard. Also, I have bought whole bolts of the teflon fabric (shiny silver side, heat resistant) and whole bolts of fusible interfacing for t-shirt quilts. JoAnn's will special order it and you can use a 40% or 50% coupon.

Blog Entries
    Yes I have when the price is right...
    I don't think it should be the same as cut pieces, as the labor costs are way down from not having to pay someone to make ??? cuts from it and the price should reflect that :D:D:D

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast