Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Have You Ever Experienced...

I don't know about any of you but since I joined the QB I have been blessed to meet some of most wonderful, generous, giving people in my entire life. When I decided to start sewing again I chose to learn quiltiing. I'd spent years making kids cloths, mending kids clothes, etc. and I knew that wasn't what I wanted to do. I loved the first thing I ever quilted eons ago now and loved hand quilting. Age has posed me many physical challenges but I knew I wnated to make quilts that made a difference. I ran across a story about Quilts4Kids and decided that was for me. The local group doesn't have money for kits so we make all our own quilts. Social security posses some financial challenge so I joined a couple of online groups to solicate for cotton fabric, remnants or scraps. That proved a good base to start but in the last seven months I have had an out pouring of generousity from our QB fabric angel's that has warmed my heart and helped me fulfil my goal. With you all you very special fabric angels I plan to keep on making charity quilts as long as my energizer bunny keeps on ticking. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love and Happy Quilting to you all. You've helped make many children in need feel loved and have given them something of their own to cling to.

Take a Bow, :thumbup:
    desertrose

Blog Entries
    Bless you for your good works.

Blog Entries
    Working together, makes it all work.

Wonderful project.

Blog Entries
    Great blessings!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    You are an angel!

If you're doing the Downey Quilts for Kids, the home office will supply you with kits. If you need contact info, please PM me. They are relatively local to me and I can also give you email contact info.

Blog Entries
    What a great thing to make quilts for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrose
    I don't know about any of you but since I joined the QB I have been blessed to meet some of most wonderful, generous, giving people in my entire life. When I decided to start sewing again I chose to learn quiltiing. I'd spent years making kids cloths, mending kids clothes, etc. and I knew that wasn't what I wanted to do. I loved the first thing I ever quilted eons ago now and loved hand quilting. Age has posed me many physical challenges but I knew I wnated to make quilts that made a difference. I ran across a story about Quilts4Kids and decided that was for me. The local group doesn't have money for kits so we make all our own quilts. Social security posses some financial challenge so I joined a couple of online groups to solicate for cotton fabric, remnants or scraps. That proved a good base to start but in the last seven months I have had an out pouring of generousity from our QB fabric angel's that has warmed my heart and helped me fulfil my goal. With you all you very special fabric angels I plan to keep on making charity quilts as long as my energizer bunny keeps on ticking. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love and Happy Quilting to you all. You've helped make many children in need feel loved and have given them something of their own to cling to.

Take a Bow, :thumbup:
    desertrose

You supply the most important ingredient to those quilts, it's all about the love!

You are just wonderful.