Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: have you ever used a Cricket to cut quilters template plastic?

This may seem like a dumb question but..........the other day I stopped in a small local scrapbook store. I got to looking at some of the little cardstock cutouts they can make and lo and behold my little quilting mind took over. So, I found a design that I thought would make a great border fm design, so I asked her to cut it for me. She then asked what size I wanted, my reply "What sizes do you have?" She laughed, obviously knew I wasn't a scrapbooker, and said "I can make from 1" to 4" on this design." Did ya all know this? I was really excited then, thinking I do a lot of 4" borders. She cut a 4" one, off to home I went, excited to try my new brainstorm. Clued the cardstock cutout to a piece of template plastic, let it dry, then tried to cut it out.......paper popped right off of the plastic. Then I traced the design on the plastic and cut it out with scissors. Traced in on a scrap quilt sandwich AND it sewed out perfectly. I'm going to go back and get a whole bunch of different designs (they are very very cheap) but now I'm wondering if she could just cut them from the plastic. Has anyone done this or heard of it before? The one I bought cost me a whole fifty cents and works as good as any stencil that I have.

Hugs,

I know you can cut paper and fabric but I don't know about template material. That stuff is pretty tough and might dull it. Take a sheet of it into the scrapbook store and ask if she can do it.

Blog Entries
    Several guild members do scapbooking and have brought the Cricuts to guild to cut stencils. They cut them to look just like the stencils that you buy for quilting designs. It is hooked to a little computer screen thing and the design is drawn how they want it to cut. Then they select the size of it. Very neat little machine! All they ask is to bring your own stencil sheets.

Thank you, I'm excited to ask if she can do it.

Blog Entries
    let us know how it works out! Have fun!