Old 05-16-2010, 03:09 PM
gail-r

This may seem like a dumb question but..........the other day I stopped in a small local scrapbook store. I got to looking at some of the little cardstock cutouts they can make and lo and behold my little quilting mind took over. So, I found a design that I thought would make a great border fm design, so I asked her to cut it for me. She then asked what size I wanted, my reply "What sizes do you have?" She laughed, obviously knew I wasn't a scrapbooker, and said "I can make from 1" to 4" on this design." Did ya all know this? I was really excited then, thinking I do a lot of 4" borders. She cut a 4" one, off to home I went, excited to try my new brainstorm. Clued the cardstock cutout to a piece of template plastic, let it dry, then tried to cut it out.......paper popped right off of the plastic. Then I traced the design on the plastic and cut it out with scissors. Traced in on a scrap quilt sandwich AND it sewed out perfectly. I'm going to go back and get a whole bunch of different designs (they are very very cheap) but now I'm wondering if she could just cut them from the plastic. Has anyone done this or heard of it before? The one I bought cost me a whole fifty cents and works as good as any stencil that I have.

Hugs,