Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help- bobbin winding message >

Help- bobbin winding message

Help- bobbin winding message

Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 PM

Default Help- bobbin winding message

Today, my DH and I cleaned out the garage looking for an old embroidery machine that I never used for embroidery. After 3 hrs, he found it- a New Home Memory Craft 8000 with hoops and 2 memory cards. I immediately set it up eager to see if it worked.

The display lit up however there was a message- bobbin winding. Funny thing is, the machine there was no bobbin winding, it was threaded correctly and the bobbin winder spindle was pushed over to the left as far as it would go. Still nothing except the message. No sound, no noise. I can not change the display settings such as stitch, length, etc. I can however, straight stitch using the foot pedal or the off/ on switch. Also, The up/down needle button dosen't work.

Does anyone have this machine? Is there a reset button somewhere? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this challenge? Please advise.
i don't know if its really worth fixing??
Thanks
Old 05-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine..._Home_8000.htm http://content.janome.com/fusetalk/f...&threadid=1718
Old 05-25-2013, 05:45 AM

Thanks nativetexan for the links. Bottom line, I will call a dealer/ repair service and see if it can be repaired. I have read that Janome no longer supports this model. Maybe it needs a tune-up...but I doubt it.

Dont really know how much I would embroider but want to learn- and don't need a combo as I have a great sewing machine that is a Viking Emerald 118. Maybe it is time to check out machines.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:48 AM

Good luck with fixing your machine - even though it is no longer produced a good dealer will be able to help you out with the maintenance.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
Good luck with fixing your machine - even though it is no longer produced a good dealer will be able to help you out with the maintenance.
I hope so as I use to enjoy sewing with this machine. I just never got around learning how to embroider, which is what I want to do now. I was thinking of purchasing a Viking Ruby but that is probably more machine than I need especially if I find out that I don't like to embroider. I thought if I was able to use this machine then I would have a better idea of what my actual versus perceived needs are for a new machine. Thanks
Old 05-25-2013, 12:29 PM

When I saw this link posted, my eye went directly to "fusetalk" and I wondered if your machine has a fuse or battery? If it has been stored for a long period, it could possibly need replacing. I have a pfaff that has a battery installed under the bottom--it is for saving the memory.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:32 PM

Took the machine to a local dealer for a cleaning and a check. First words I heard, well that machine has been around awhile. No one in the shop could tell me why it would straight stitch when the display said "bobbin winding". It dosen't do anything nor can the stitch length/ tension/ type be changed. Another person asked when I had it serviced last...I only laughed. Was told it could be "gunked up" or maybe bobbin sensor needs replacement.

I loaded up on brochures just in case I need to purchase something. I looked at the following:
Brother Innov is 1500D
Brother Duetta 2
janome Memory Craft 350 E
Janome Memory Craft 9900
Viking Designer Ruby

i originally thought at some point I would want the Viking but after reading the brochures and pondering on what I would actually use it for I am leaning towards the Duetta 2 because of the quilting and embroidery functions.

any thoughts or questions I need to consider?
Old 05-25-2013, 05:19 PM

Before I would buy another machine, I would take it to a different repair/service shop, my personal opinion.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
Before I would buy another machine, I would take it to a different repair/service shop, my personal opinion.

I guess sewing machines are like bodies- a second opinion is required for due diligence. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

read online reviews on any machine you might be thinking of purchasing. good luck.