Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbin winding problems - UPDATE >

Bobbin winding problems - UPDATE

Bobbin winding problems - UPDATE

Old 05-29-2008, 03:54 AM

I'm just sick.........my Singer 1030 won't wind a bobbin........it winds it underneath the bobbin itself. I ran out of bobbin stitching around the foot warmer I am making for my father before sewing on the binding........

I had bought new bobbins because I thought maybe my old bobbins were wearing out finally.........but it is happening with those too?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Linda D.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:58 AM

I don't know if your bobbins are wound internally or externally with your machine. If it's externally, meaning outside the machine, maybe the bobbin isn't pushed down far enough. Sometimes that happens to me.
I did solve the problem, I now have a Sidewinder Bobbin Winder. Makes it easier to wind the bobbins. I don't have to take thread apart to wind.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

My machine will do this sometimes, I found that it had to do with how the thread was being fed to the bobbin/bobbin winder. I have to use nets on my spools of thread to keep this from happening.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:56 AM

Thank you ladies for your responses! I realized the only thing I had not done was put a new needle in it and try again. I did this........plus my machine has cams for special stitches and a lever where you can choose certain stitches that are built in, so I engaged the lever and scrolled through all the stitches and brought it back to the straight stitch setting and wala!!!!!!!!! I rethreaded the machine and it wound the bobbin with no problems.........WHEWWWWWWWWW :wink: Glad that's over........and I said a quick thank you to God! :D

Linda D.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:45 PM

this happens to me. I've found out I had not threaded through that little dohickey that has like two discs on it, then run the thread to the bobbin.
bring your thread upwards through the hole in the bobbin. Yea, make sure its pushed down good and slide over where it goes. I think your book to your machine might be more clear them me!!!

Good luck,

Simple quilter