Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with Clover Bias Maker

Blog Entries

Help with Clover Bias Maker

Hello Friends hope you can help. I purchased two Clover Bias Maker some time ago and thru away the package. Now when I look to find out what size to cut the strips all Clover site tells me is to follow the dimensions on the package UHHHGGGHH Does anyone out there have a chart for the these???? Anything that will keep me from wasting a ton of material on trial and error???? PLEASE
    It all about the Journey!! Enjoy It

what size are your bias makers? each size needs it's own size strips---as in for 1/4" you need to cut your strips 3/4" wide. in order to help you know your sizes we need to know what size maker you are using.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    oh thank you the clover maker i am using has a finish width of 5/16 and insert width of 1in does that help

Blog Entries
    Oh it has an 18 on the bottom side

Blog Entries
    How did you get the insert width of 1 inch? I went to check mine and realized that it also is out of the packaging! If you think about it, though, these make double-fold bias tape. I would cut a one-inch strip of fabric and see how that works out; should be about right for ending up with a 5/8-inch wide strip. (Theoretically you could cut a strip up to 1-1/4 inches wide, but I think then you would risk overlap of the ends.) If one-inch is a little too small, I would try 1-1/8" wide strips.

Does this help if you use the drop down used for ordering it will tell you the size . I beleive its the finished size and you would have to add 1/2 inch for 1/4 inch turn under on each side. I have the #18 ( the red) for finished 3/4 inch but use fabric cut 1 &1/2 inch.
    http://www.clover-usa.com/product/26...as_Tape_Makers
    Last edited by Lori S; 03-14-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you I knew I could count on my quilting friends for help. I do have the #18 Red and you measurements were on spot. Thanks again.

I don't have mine in front of me right now but I think the strip size is stamped on each "form" or maker or whatever it's called.
    Shari