Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP!  EQ7 problems >

HELP! EQ7 problems

HELP! EQ7 problems

Old 04-06-2013, 04:58 PM

Default HELP! EQ7 problems

Hi --- it's been a while since I played with EQ7. I opened it up a couple of days ago and got a msg that an update needed to be done. I did the update. Then I created a quilt I was please with. Saved...yes SAVED it. Came back in today and tried to open it. The quilt shows in the list of saved quilts, when I open it the block pops up, I click OPEN and everything disappears!!! I see the quilt without the block and no borders that I had added. I've tested this a number of times today and can't seem to figure out what's wrong. I made sure to save it to the sketchbook, too, but nothing seems to work!!! Any ideas?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:05 PM

I would get on the EQ website and check if there have been others with the same problem. I've not explored their website that well but most software vendors have some sort of help venue for such things.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:04 PM

I did -- can't find anything but just usual instructions HOW TO....not troubleshooting

oops -- went back in and found another place on their site......
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM

If you want you can send me the file and I can see if I can open it on my PC. That would help you narrow down the issue. PM me if you want my email address.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 PM

I would contact Electric Quilt tech support.

http://electricquilt.com/support/contact-tech-support/
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 PM

Are you opening the correct tab at the bottom of the page......because the program works on a layer system.....it could be just that it is hiding.....just a thought.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:08 AM

This is so weird cause I opened my EQ7 program yesterday. Designed a quilt label for my DGS, Dustin. After designing I saved it as that. Went to print.....you know what happened. Could not be found. Blank page of layout design. I had saved it as a jpg also. I think I eventually found it under a heading I had previously saved as labels.P7 with other previously designed labels. So, yeah it was hiding. And I updated my program, too. Maybe a glitch or a new feature? Wish they would explain if they are going to change things.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Little Roo -- that was MY problem! I found I had layers and it was hidden...if I clicked on the right layer, it was there. I like the older version...if I clicked to open the quilt ---it OPENED THE QUILT pattern!!!! They've made a change that probably will be changed again later on, me thinks.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Little Roo -- that was MY problem! I found I had layers and it was hidden...if I clicked on the right layer, it was there. I like the older version...if I clicked to open the quilt ---it OPENED THE QUILT pattern!!!! They've made a change that probably will be changed again later on, me thinks.
So pleased I could help.......I bought EQ7 last year but haven't really played with it much......haven't done an update!.....but I just know that when I last looke it...I couldn't find something and that's how I realised about the layers.......would love to see what you are designing, please show when you are done.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:00 PM

Little Roo -- will do --- I'll be sewing the quilt at the end of this month at a retreat. It's a simple one.....basic design for a granddaughter.