Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! I need to find this pattern please >

Help! I need to find this pattern please

Help! I need to find this pattern please

Old 10-15-2014, 03:42 PM

Red face Help! I need to find this pattern please

This pattern originated in the 30s, I believe, I have the quilt but I want to replicate it myself. I am a fairly new quilter and experience some issues following a stroke. I want to make 12 inch blocks (11 1.2 inches finished)
and I want to machine piece rather than paper piece. I have found it by several names, mine is actually "Broken Dishes" but also known as "Wheel of Fortune" and "Road to Fortune".

Any and all help will be appreciate as I have exhausted my searches! Thanks in advance!

http://smalltownstitcher.blogspot.co...o-fortune.html

I have tried posting the pic but to no avail - it is, however, viewable here!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:15 PM

You could print out the pattern provided in the link you posted, enlarge it to 12", and use it to make templates.

How to change the size of blocks:

Divide one number by the other and if it's larger than 1, you will be enlarging. If it's smaller than 1, you will be reducing.

For instance, if you have an 8" block and you want a 12" block, 12 divided by 8 is 1.5. Set your copier to 150% to enlarge. Conversely, 8 divided by 12 is .66, so you will be reducing. Set your copier to 66%.

I also found this pattern on Quilter's Cache under "Wheel of Fortune", shown as an 8" block. However, it's also paper-pieced.

You might give paper-piecing a whirl on this one, it looks like a fairly simple pattern. Just swirl the seam allowances in the center to reduce bulk.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:30 PM

http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WheelofFortuneBlock.html It is a paper-pieced block but the templates are there to be printed.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:16 PM

I looked up Road to Fortune in my EQ7. This is a PDF showing the templates for the 11.5 finished block. There is no info on a test size, so I would cut the paper out and see if when you align it together, does it make the finished block size you want.

Edited to add: I, also, did a print on the PP pattern. Maybe one of these will help you.
Attached Files

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 10-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Have you tried looking at the Quilter's Cache website, they have hundreds of blocks and you would likely find it there.