Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with ideas.

Winding ways

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up on Pinerest (my next favorite website)

I simply googled "black white quilt" and there are many many options if you're that limited on color scheme. Here's a few just to look at:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 374
Size:  922.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
    I simply googled "black white quilt" and there are many many options if you're that limited on color scheme. Here's a few just to look at:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 374
Size:  922.4 KB
    The bargello really grabs my attention but it seems to scrappy. Is there a way to make one that's more limited in fabric choices?

IQ2
    The current (March/April 2013) McCall's Quilting magazine has a wonderful "modern" quilt called Clarkson Crossing. I spotted it because my daughter also doesn't like "quilty" looking quilts.

QM
    a tube quilt would fit that.

IQ2

McCall's "Clarkson Crossing"-picture

Quote Originally Posted by IQ2 View Post
    The current (March/April 2013) McCall's Quilting magazine has a wonderful "modern" quilt called Clarkson Crossing. I spotted it because my daughter also doesn't like "quilty" looking quilts.
    Here's a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I agree with this - she is more like to like it if she has input. If she doesn't like traditional quilts have her google some of the modern ones. Jaybird quilts has several that I really like

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    My solution would be to make her come up with the pattern and pick the fabrics. The more input she has, the more likely she is to love it.

when i get a picky.. especially a young one... i have them do all the choosing and if possible help with construction . then they appreciate all the work involved... and maybe you get a convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiemay View Post
    I made this for my daughter's best friends 21st birthday. Simple, fun, not "sampler-y". It would lent itself to a few other fabrics if you wanted.
    Love this quilt! How fun!

How about bento block" it would fit 3-4 fabrics easily and seems easy to make. There are "free" patterns on the internet. Just type in "Bento Block" or how about "10 min block" or 5 min block " using 3-4 fabrics. I have thought this would make a nice more modern quilt. It seems that the younger generation (my daughhters included) do not want tradition quilts or scrappy quilts. I just made my daughter one in beiges and brown from pattern called "strip set". It came out nice and she liked it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast