Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help with incomplete double wedding ring top >
  • Help with incomplete double wedding ring top

• Help with incomplete double wedding ring top

Old 10-20-2012, 11:34 AM

I HAD TO DO THE SAME THING. You put the squares together[ I had only one square], OPEN all of the seams as you go 1/4 inch to fit the square into the spot and just hand sew the square into the space. I hope I am seeing what your question is. Barny PS. You could insert one little square in each melon at a time, but you must remember to leave seams open 1/4 inch to insert them. People made a mistake of sewing the melons to the end of the seam, them couldn't get the squares in.

Last edited by barny; 10-20-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Old 10-20-2012, 12:05 PM

It really is lovely and I envy that you have such an item to finish. No one in my family did any quilting. My husband's grandmother did - but they were just large pieces of fabric sewed together, then she tied them together. Never saw any detailed items. but then she didn't like me - we got along great until she asked me where I was from, told her Kansas. She kind of backed up, said her ex-husband was from Kansas and din't speak much after that. She refused to come to our wedding and our wedding present were twin sheets. (MIL thought it was a mistake, but I knew it wasn't by the way she acted.) We went to se her when she came to visit family in CA and she was wonderful to our daughter but refused to talk to me - which was 10 years later.... Oh well, her loss.