Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help with McKenna Ryan pattern please!

I use parchment also. Which pattern are you doing? I'm working on Home Tweet Home in a BOTM class at my LQS.

Parchment usually wears out. If you buy a true Applique Pressing Sheet, it will last forever. They come in several sizes and are more like a non-meltable plastic. When I make McKenna Ryan patterns, I use a Pressing Sheet. It will just save you a lot of grief. If you do very much applique, it is worth the money.
    http://www.appalachianquilts.blogspot.com
    http://www.quiltweb.net

I'd go for the parchment paper. I wound up with sticky stuff on my iron that clung to the pressing sheet that I didn't notice. Wit the parchment paper, you can use it for the session and toss it.

Thanks, sounds like the parchment will work, this is a new attempt for me so nice not to have to invest in a new thing if I don't like it. I am starting with the "No Trespassing" block from the "Calling me Home" quilt, but I plan to leave the moose out- Thanks again for all the info!
    Chiara Kate

Blog Entries
    Parchment is also not a "uni-tasker". You can use it for baking, too!

The main advantage to a pressing sheet is you can see thru it.

I love doing McKenna Ryan patterns! Which one are you doing? I do samples for my LQS and whenever she wants a McKenna Ryan sample done, she gives it to me to do. As for Parchment paper it works just fine. I use both a teflon sheet as well as the parchment. Whatever is handy
    Kathy Stewart from IA
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kath_stirut

Parchment works great, I have the pressing sheet and can never find it, so a roll of parchment along with freezer paper and my pantry staples in the sewing room!

Kas
    I haven't tried parchment paper, but Joanns sells a much cheaper pressing sheet and you can also use your coupon with it. It was like $7 or something. And you can see through it better than the expensive one. I know this because I have both!
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.-Groucho Marx

I use parchment paper at times, it works well. My Teflon pressing sheet gets really hot, enough to burn my fingers. Parchment is cheap, probably purchase a roll of it, for less than one pressing sheet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast