Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with McKenna Ryan pattern please! >

Help with McKenna Ryan pattern please!

Help with McKenna Ryan pattern please!

Old 11-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Banned

as with all things sold for crafting, there are different grades of teflon pressing sheets. WAIT..that is the first clue..it must be a TEFLON pressing sheet. There are others out there, but they are not the quality you need/want if you are going to tackle a lot of fusible applique.

Secondly, there are different grades/types of fusible products. Not all are the same. Some will stick to air...some won't stick to anything but the pressing sheet...

point is..use what you have, but list the product by name. You can not lump all pressing sheets, not all fusible products into ONE comment! That would be racist..hehehehhe
Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts View Post
I have a McKenna Ryan pattern which lists an "Applique' Pressing Sheet" in the materials needed list. It is trademarked. I asked at my LQS and they said, oh just use parchment paper, it will be fine. Anybody know exactly what the applique pressing sheet is, and if parchment is a good substitute? Thanks!
I did not know that parchment would work, that is good to know. I bought and used a teflon oven liner sheet I got on amazon. It was cheap and works great !