Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help me with a tulip idea

Help me with a tulip idea

Last night while watching PBS, a quick clip was shown of a bouquet of red centered with yellow outer petals tulips. The camera was looking into the tops of the tulips to see the insides. My husband commented that that picture would make a pretty quilt. I'm fairly new to quilting and somewhat creative. I think this would be a modern style and not the traditionally pieced type. Have you seen anything like this done before? Could I applique gradating colors on to each other - couple colors of reds and then switch to yellows?
    Peggy

Blog Entries
    I think you could also use batiks or use intense pencils to color the fabric like you want.
    Joyce

You can do anything you want to in quilting! It is your quilt. I think if you look at O'Keefe's paintings esp. her poppies you can see the variations in color she creates. Applique and paint sticks will help as well. Make a few small samples and see what happens. Enjoy! Luann
    Live Love and Laugh Enough!

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    throw a couple of peachy golds in the between them and see ifyou like it... how can you go wrong with roses?

There are computer programs that make a grid of pictures that you can duplicate in fabric. Also there are some great tutorials about making applique patterns from photos. Please show us as you progress.

There's no rules in quilting .... do what works for you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't worried about the quilt police but more so looking for ideas on how to do the project. Maybe now that the holidays are over, I'll have time to peruse the internet a little more.
    Peggy

I wasn't worried about the quilt police but more so looking for ideas on how to do the project. Maybe now that the holidays are over, I'll have time to peruse the internet more.