Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help... Need another cutting mat

I am in a pickle to cut some WOF strips and didn't bring a large enough cutting mat with me. Silly me didn't check my repeats and thought I could split my fabric before cutting. Doesn't it figure that there aren't two on each half?

Where's the best place, online or off, to get mats?

I don't know where you're at, bu if you have any kind of coupon, and a Michaels, get it there. I found a ruler I had been wanting after I got it at Joannes with a coupon. Michaels regular price was Joannes sale price, and since they match coupons I could have gotten it for way less.

Got mine at Hobby Lobby with 40% coupon from the weekly add in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by LLWinston44
    I don't know where you're at, bu if you have any kind of coupon, and a Michaels, get it there. I found a ruler I had been wanting after I got it at Joannes with a coupon. Michaels regular price was Joannes sale price, and since they match coupons I could have gotten it for way less.
    Thank you. There is a Michaels, Joanns and Hancock Fabrics all within a mile or so of each other.

I think I get Michaels coupons too. All of my Joanns are on my phone. I wounder if they'd take that?

I just bought my quilting mat on ebay. It is an Omnigrid 24" by 36".

I have too many mats and will probably never get to buy another one .....but, if I did......I would use a coupon and get the kind that has grids on both sides and goes with a ruler that has a roughened edge so that it automatically sharpens your cutters each time you make a cut. They are red in color.

Walmart / Joanns

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zipit
    I am in a pickle to cut some WOF strips and didn't bring a large enough cutting mat with me. Silly me didn't check my repeats and thought I could split my fabric before cutting. Doesn't it figure that there aren't two on each half?

Where's the best place, online or off, to get mats?
    Look carefully at your fabrics before cutting to see where and how the design repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Look carefully at your fabrics before cutting to see where and how the design repeats.
    I have spent hours looking at the repeats. There's just no way I can split it first before cutting my strips.

The positive in this is that I'll get to see what's new since the last time I was out.

There's a really nice quilt shop that I'm going to go. I'll find a smaller print hopefully.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zipit
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I have spent hours looking at the repeats. There's just no way I can split it first before cutting my strips.

The positive in this is that I'll get to see what's new since the last time I was out.

There's a really nice quilt shop that I'm going to go. I'll find a smaller print hopefully.
    Could you line up the repeats vertically? Sometimes the repeats are more "vertical" than "horizontal"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast