Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help needed!

Help needed!

OK! Does anyone have a Trick/Hint/HELP!! ANY thing at all. As you may know I posted a 'Sock Monkey' Rag Quilt. Well a rag quilt is washed over over over and is unwashed Flannel. Now the Problem I washed IT 6x's and the last 2x's The red monkey (Had some red inside the quilt dumm!) Finally bled on to the back of my quilt! and the Backs lite cream monkeys!!! Need help Quick!!today! Showers tommow!!Sunday!!

Blog Entries
    Have you tried the color catchers by Shout? I've also just sprayed the run/stain with Shout and it took it out.
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    I don't know what to do since it has been washed that many times and it hasn't come out yet. the color catchers might have worked the first time around. But, not sure about now. I think I would try achohol or maybe even peanut butter. I know they work on some things. Would love to see your quilt!!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

Wouldn't peanut butter make a greasy stain? (I've never heard of using that for removing a stain...)

Interesting. I also would think peanut butter would make a greasy stain. I have only heard to use peanut butter on gum that sometimes a child will get in their hair. Work it into the gum until it becomes soft and "slimmy" then shampoo!

I don't know what to do at this point, but from your post it sounds like you might not know that it is okay to wash your flannel before using it in a quilt. It will still rag, but you will be able to address any bleeding and shrinking issues before the quilt is constructed. Good luck, and remember that a baby will not know or care that the flannel bled a bit. The quilt will be every bit as soft and warm and loved with or without the bleeding.

Blog Entries
    I used Synthrapol recently to get out some blue dye from a flannel back that had bled into the top ... but I had to buy it online and sounds like you don't have time for that.
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    most quilt stores carry synthrapol. try one.