Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: HELP needed!

If you wanted to embroider the bride and grooms first name and the date of their wedding on a wallhanging or whatever which is proper

Bride and Groom
    May 17, 2008

Groom and Bride
    May 17, 2008

Off hand, I would say Mr and Mrs.
    I looked at the Emily Post site and could not find anything like that, but that is the traditional way. If you are "on the bride's side" you could probably put her name first.

I couldn't find any etiquette sites either but I got to thinking about it and found a site that sells personalized wedding gifts, photo frames, champagne glasses, etc.. and on all the examples shown the brides name was first so I guess that is what I will do!!!

Thanks Moonpi!!!!! I called one of my sisters and she said the same thing you did, being it is my neice her name should go first! LOL

i used to think a mans name should go first on everything, even bills come with his name first lol, but, someone told me once, when it's any kind of gift, the lady's name goes first, christmas cards, gifts, anything like that.

Traditionally its the man's name first...but since invitations and announcements are printed with the brides name first...i think either would be ok.

Blog Entries
    I agree with which side of the family you're on. I always say John and Jody and Renee and Marde. Brother and sister.

Well, they always say "bride & groom", not 'groom & bride'...so I would put her name first too. :D