Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! Nom nom nom...

That nom nom nom was the sound of my hungry feed dogs trying to ea my fabric. It's really ticking me off, and I don't know why it's doing that. I used a leader, changed to a brand new needle and cleaned the fuzz, but it's still doing it. I know I've seen the answer around here, but I can't remember what it is. Lol

Please let it be easy!!

Did you accidentally change the pressure on your presser foot?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
    Did you accidentally change the pressure on your presser foot?
    No, I don't think so... I didn't even know I could do that!

Power Poster
    If your using a leader and chain stitching, that's about all you can do. Some people like to use a single hole plate on their machine also. I find triangle points are especially tasty to sewing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    If your using a leader and chain stitching, that's about all you can do. Some people like to use a single hole plate on their machine also. I find triangle points are especially tasty to sewing machines.
    Yep and that's what I'm doing. Doing the flying geese. I'll have to go see about a new plate then I guess. I've only just started and have a lot to go!!

Blog Entries
    try putting a piece of paper under the begining of your seam. you can tear it away after sewing

Blog Entries
    I always use all cotton fabrics, but for some reason certain fabrics get eaten lots more than others. Seems to happen only when feeding on the bias, like your flying geese. Heavy starch helps, but I recently started using tiny squares of tear away stabilizer. Like about 3/4" square. The paper idea above is a good one too.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    So you changed the needle, but what did you put in its place? Try using a Universal 70/10 with a single hole throat plate; see if that helps.

Jan in VA

I'd use a sharp, quilting, or topstitching needle, single hole/straight-stitch needle plate, and if that's insufficient, then leaders/enders or stabilizer. Could also be excessive bobbin tension.

I only use sharps needles when I'm piecing, and am sewing with batiks. I think I will try some paper or stabilizer. My machine is new, just bought in May soothe tension shouldn't be be messed up. It better not be!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast