Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help Please - Bobbin Question

Help Please - Bobbin Question

I am needing to buy some extra bobbins. But, I don't know much about bobbins. I'm hoping y'all can help me with a couple questions.

1. If my Juki and Voyager17 both use an "L" bobbin, is that the same bobbin? Are the bobbin names universal?

2. Steel, aluminum or plastic, does it matter?

Any thing else I should be asking? Brands? Makers?

Thank you!
    Suze

You should refer to your manual for bobbin size, usually if its a plastic bobbin case you can't use the metal bobbins but I,m not sure if you can use the plastic ones in the metal bobbin cases. I bought a bunch of mine cheap off ebay for my brother/babylock machines

I also have the Voyager and use the generic L size metal bobbins it came with as well as cardboard prewounds. It does not like the plastic prewounds or at least not the ones I use with my domestic machine. Hinterberg's website specifically mentions magna glide bobbins.
    Beverly

If your machine has a metal case you can use both metal and plastic bobbins. Do not use metal bobbins in a plastic case, they will scratch and damage your case.

Does the type of metal matter? Is steele better than aluminum, or vice versa?