Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: help please with a quilted ABC "book"

help please with a quilted ABC "book"

Thanks in advance ladies and gents because I know you'll provide me with an answer; probably several solutions!

I bought a panel with squares with the ABC's on it for a quilted book. I've stitched the "pages" together with thin batting inbetween: A on one side, B on the other equaling one "page."
    Now what?
    How do I connect all the pages? It's two inches thick!

Thanks again!

The ones that I have liked best have had grommet holes put on one side and have had ribbons tied through the grommet holes. If you are afraid of the child strangling on the ribbons (in case they come untied) you can fasten with a shower curtain ring through the grommet holes.

I laid A-B on top of C-D on top of E-F and sewed down the center making a "spine". My sister sews a spine on each group and laid them on top of each other and stitched all groups together. Does that make sense to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lormito View Post
    I laid A-B on top of C-D on top of E-F and sewed down the center making a "spine". My sister sews a spine on each group and laid them on top of each other and stitched all groups together. Does that make sense to you?
    Your way makes sense but, unfortunately, I have already cut and sewed each one differently. Not sure about your sister's way. .

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    The ones that I have liked best have had grommet holes put on one side and have had ribbons tied through the grommet holes. If you are afraid of the child strangling on the ribbons (in case they come untied) you can fasten with a shower curtain ring through the grommet holes.
    I like this idea but would have to buy a grommet thingy. The curtain ring is perfect; not metal.

make buttonholes instead of buying a grommet setter. Then you can string a really nice ribbon through the holes and tie it off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nycquilter View Post
    make buttonholes instead of buying a grommet setter. Then you can string a really nice ribbon through the holes and tie it off.
    I use shoe laces.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Debbie
    Machine It

Quote Originally Posted by nycquilter View Post
    That makes sense, thanks.

Wow, appliqué, those are so cute! I'll keep these in mind next time Thanks.