Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Help please

Blog Entries
    Words are random letters put together. The alphabet is OCD. I wouldn't spend the time to cut all those little blocks apart and sew them back together! I MIGHT cut them in half from top to bottom, add what's necessary to even up the sides, add borders. Then I'd sandwich it & quilt around each square. A baby quilt doesn't call for rocket science.

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions, I made a small quilt with a blue fleece backing - I will try to upload a picture!

A bit blurry I'm afraid, but you get the idea!
    Name:  Attachment-136098.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  72.7 KB

QM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    If it were me I would have to cut it up because my OCD would not allow for the randomness of the letters. I think if you will not lose any of the lettering cut it up and add different color sashing to each block to make them all the same size. I have 1 of these panels and that is what I will be doing with it.
    I agree. Kids find learning to basics of reading and writing confusing enough without changing the order on them. To maintain some semblance of sanity, I think I would enclose the letters with various sizes of colorful strips to bring them to a uniform size.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7