Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: HELP! Rag, Puff quilt enlarging.

HELP! Rag, Puff quilt enlarging.

I have embroidered carousel horses onto 12 different rag quilt squares, and also stuffed them to resemble a puff quilt. I would like to keep the embroidered rag squares in the MIDDLE, without losing the fringing and use the fleece to enlarge the blanket. Now, how do I apply binding, and or a backing and not lose the fringe on the squares?
    It seemed like a simple idea when I started, but now, well, Im lost. Maybe Im just overthinking it, but, afraid to go any further withoiut some advice.
    Blond moment, or senior moment, either way, I need help!

Thank You in Advance
    Barbara

HI...a picture would help ... if your squares are sewn together, as i assume they are - could you put the backing and quilt top - wrong sides together - and stitch in the ditch around the squares close to the "ragged" edges to secure the back to the front ? As for the binding .....hmmm.....not sure but guess you could just do a regular binding...unless you've already snipped the edges....or if you can do the above...just snip the backing around the outer edge of the quilt ...????? again - i think a picture would help get you better answers than mine. GOOD LUCK !!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.