Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP!  Sewing machine cabinet >

HELP! Sewing machine cabinet

HELP! Sewing machine cabinet

Old 07-22-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by montanajan View Post
Doesn't that knee pedal convert to a foot pedal? The long piece one's knee pushes against can be turned around by loosening the screw and repositioning the long bar over the rest of the pedal so one's foot can be pushed against it to provide connection for sewing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my understanding from others I've seen.
Yes, you are right. I have come across several controllers like that. No problem taking them off the inner wall of the cabinet and placing on the floor. What I don't see is the cage-like part that the controller pedal would have slipped into. This one may have been screwed directly onto the wood. You can see the dusty outline where it once was mounted.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:01 PM

I had a cabinet very similar to that. I had a Singer in it. The machine is in my garage in a box somewhere. It hooked right onto those little "pegs" on the hinges.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

I have a Singer 15 in a cabinet almost like this with knee control. The controller will slip out of the bracket and set on the floor and the knee lever will fold out of the way. Older machine cabinets were made to hide the machine as it was rare to have a sewing room. The cabinet would covert to a nice table top to fit in with the other furniture.