Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Here's a free video on how to stipple!!

This is such a fun and inspiring site always! Go check out this free video and there are more too...go to: http://my.allpeoplequilt.com/bettertv/?sssdmh=dm17.317214 have fun! Skeat

Thanks Loretta! I cheat to keep a rhythm...I use the chauk of pounce w/a stencil.....I do that to start out on....and, then move it on. :0)This video is good and helpful too!:0)Skeat

Skeat, are you using a regular sewing machine to do your stipple? Very interesting video.

Hi Skeat:

I really enjoyed the video on stippling, I stipple my borders but it sure looks a lot easier with a machine like she has. You don't have to keep moving the quilt.

thanks a lot :lol:

I was using my very small and simple Janome 3200...so, I upgraded just a few months ago for the Janome 6600...and, am thinking of buying the Gracie II frame to set it on. It has a larger throat area and goes so much faster!:))I have the rhythm girls!!:))(Had none at the beginning!!)I am getting better every time!! I do think it would be easier to move the machine verses sliding the quilt around. I do work on 2 at the same time...putting together blocks..and, quilting(blocks on the smaller/simple janome/quilts on the 6600). Keeps my shoulders from complaining to switch back and forth.:))And, the quilting goes really fast now:)) I say to those that are thinking of it...or wanting to try..DO IT!!:))You will be so proud of yourself!! I dropped my dawgs and put the open toe on it. Do a small piece or a practice piece...pounce a stencil if you have one, or draw something free hand w/chaulk and turn on your music of choice! You will love it and you will be so proud of how easy it is and how good you are at it already!! Skeat

thanks for the link I watched all the videos and picked up some great tips