Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hexies >
  • Hexies

• Hexies

Old 04-23-2014, 03:54 PM

What a fun topic! I've just learned this addictive craft and must say it's really fun!
    Old 04-23-2014, 04:23 PM

Joann fabrics now carry the Fiskers hexi punch in the scrapbooking section. They come in three sizes and the package states it can be used for fabric and paper. They are on sale this week for 40% off, nocoupon needed.
    Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 PM

Judith, I like the way you sew your hexies... that is a great idea.... also like putting the hole in center of template... thanks for the great tutorial and tips....

Originally Posted by judith ann
    I love doing hexes.I printed out the one inch hexes on the back recycled note paper I had.It is heavier than regular paper but not as heavy as card stock. I cut them out while watching tv. I then using a paper punch put a hole in the center.I use a straight pin the fabric through the hole.As you can see I make about 4 stitches at each corner. I carry the blue fabric wallet as my take along, in my purse. The tote is for the camper or car travel.[ATTACH=CONFIG]472109[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472111[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472112[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472113[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]472114[/ATTACH]As you can see my hexes are scraps.No rhyme nor reason.They will just be hand sewn together willy nilley. I use a tweezers to take out the papers.I reuse them as I do not sew through the paper.Hope this helps. judy j
    Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 PM

punch info

http://www.joann.com/search?q=Hexagon%20punch
    Old 04-24-2014, 03:38 AM

I've had the punch in my online shopping cart at Joann for days and the coupon code won't work for the free shipping. I'm really looking forward to when i get it all figured out and then i can make a take a long sewing kit. This is what i need to work on hand sewing in small amounts because i am absolutely terrible at it.
    Old 04-24-2014, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by judykay
    Joann fabrics now carry the Fiskers hexi punch in the scrapbooking section. They come in three sizes and the package states it can be used for fabric and paper. They are on sale this week for 40% off, nocoupon needed.
    Just so you know : when I was looking for the paper punch, I emailed Fiskars to get the dimensions of the Hexies. I explained in my email that I was seeking the punch to make paper templates for a quilting project. They emailed me back with one sentence: "Our punches are not designed for fabric".