Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HEY! Handbag makers, I need help! >

HEY! Handbag makers, I need help!

HEY! Handbag makers, I need help!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM

The following link is to handbag hardware that I bought to sew into the Miranda Bag (by Lazy Girl) to bring in the sides for a more taylored look. This is an option I saw somewhere. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ATTACH THIS!! I bought it from Sew Thankful (online). I thought this site would help but the site must be down. I have tried a google search, but no luck with instructions. http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc...p_prodid=82124
Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 AM

do you mean to to bring the sides with the handles instead of the magnetic button or the outside edges in and the strapping the magnetic button over that... ? ;)
Old 09-07-2010, 03:23 AM

Either way - if you fashions small strips of fabric for the handles to attach - use those same colors and attach fabric loops (through the hooks of course) on opposite sides and sew into/under your binding around the top of the purse on the inside. I hope that helps ;)
Old 09-07-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by MiniCC
Either way - if you fashions small strips of fabric for the handles to attach - use those same colors and attach fabric loops (through the hooks of course) on opposite sides and sew into/under your binding around the top of the purse on the inside. I hope that helps ;)
That's what I do also. But I don't know that pattern so I don't know exactly how you are going to use them.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:46 AM

Somehow, maybe the O rings are attached to the side seams, maybe with a loop of fabric. I don't know how the little chains go and then the lobster claws are connected to bring the side seams (close to the top of the bag) toward the center. If I could just see a pic, I think I would be good. !?!?!?!?
Old 09-07-2010, 06:01 AM

I'm not a bag maker, but I don't see how that hardware would have anything to do with the sides. It all just looks like things for keyrings That lobster thing I did have on a corded strap once, it was used to shorten from should length to very short hand legth. I'd love to see how these end up being used.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:48 AM

if you go to Kaye Wood TV.com, Joan Hawley (the Lazy Girl!) has tutorials on most of her bags.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by plainjane
The following link is to handbag hardware that I bought to sew into the Miranda Bag (by Lazy Girl) to bring in the sides for a more taylored look. This is an option I saw somewhere. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ATTACH THIS!! I bought it from Sew Thankful (online). I thought this site would help but the site must be down. I have tried a google search, but no luck with instructions. http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc...p_prodid=82124
Okay girls! Go to www.lazygirldesings.com and you will see a picture of the Miranda Bag. It doesn't show any of those whozies on it, just the horseshoe fasteners that are fastened to the purse by fabric loops, as we figured.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:38 AM

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/
Old 09-07-2010, 07:51 AM

Hurray! This site showes a finished inside! You don't use the rings or the chain! I was trying to figure out how to use all three-well...I can sleep better tonight! THANK FOR ALL OF THE HELP! http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/?p=971