Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: HEY! Handbag makers, I need help!

Blog Entries
    The following link is to handbag hardware that I bought to sew into the Miranda Bag (by Lazy Girl) to bring in the sides for a more taylored look. This is an option I saw somewhere. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ATTACH THIS!! I bought it from Sew Thankful (online). I thought this site would help but the site must be down. I have tried a google search, but no luck with instructions. http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc...p_prodid=82124

do you mean to to bring the sides with the handles instead of the magnetic button or the outside edges in and the strapping the magnetic button over that... ? ;)

Either way - if you fashions small strips of fabric for the handles to attach - use those same colors and attach fabric loops (through the hooks of course) on opposite sides and sew into/under your binding around the top of the purse on the inside. I hope that helps ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniCC
    Either way - if you fashions small strips of fabric for the handles to attach - use those same colors and attach fabric loops (through the hooks of course) on opposite sides and sew into/under your binding around the top of the purse on the inside. I hope that helps ;)
    That's what I do also. But I don't know that pattern so I don't know exactly how you are going to use them.

Blog Entries
    Somehow, maybe the O rings are attached to the side seams, maybe with a loop of fabric. I don't know how the little chains go and then the lobster claws are connected to bring the side seams (close to the top of the bag) toward the center. If I could just see a pic, I think I would be good. !?!?!?!?

Blog Entries
    I'm not a bag maker, but I don't see how that hardware would have anything to do with the sides. It all just looks like things for keyrings That lobster thing I did have on a corded strap once, it was used to shorten from should length to very short hand legth. I'd love to see how these end up being used.

if you go to Kaye Wood TV.com, Joan Hawley (the Lazy Girl!) has tutorials on most of her bags.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plainjane
    The following link is to handbag hardware that I bought to sew into the Miranda Bag (by Lazy Girl) to bring in the sides for a more taylored look. This is an option I saw somewhere. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ATTACH THIS!! I bought it from Sew Thankful (online). I thought this site would help but the site must be down. I have tried a google search, but no luck with instructions. http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc...p_prodid=82124
    Okay girls! Go to www.lazygirldesings.com and you will see a picture of the Miranda Bag. It doesn't show any of those whozies on it, just the horseshoe fasteners that are fastened to the purse by fabric loops, as we figured.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Hurray! This site showes a finished inside! You don't use the rings or the chain! I was trying to figure out how to use all three-well...I can sleep better tonight! THANK FOR ALL OF THE HELP! http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/?p=971

I am so glad they showed a picture that was in my mind b/c i couldn't find a better way to describe what I was thinking....don't you hate that? lol..... glad you found it, now go have fun!!

Blog Entries
    I am so glad they showed a picture that was in my mind b/c i couldn't find a better way to describe what I was thinking....don't you hate that? lol..... glad you found it, now go have fun!!

truely......a "duh" moment for me. obviously I misplaced my thinking cap... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by plainjane

truely......a "duh" moment for me. obviously I misplaced my thinking cap... :lol:
    Most of the time my thinking caps are scattered, lol, I must've just finished my coffee :) i want to see the finished product, got any pics? :)