Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hi, I'm new

Can anyone tell me any tricks to using invisable tread? I love using it , but it buncghes up in a know under the project :roll:

Are you using it in the bobbin too, or just on the top?

sue

I was told and I have read \, not to use invisible thread in the bobbin. I was told it will eventually mess up the bobbin, I don't personally care for it. But from what I understand you can use it for your top stitching. Just trying to pass on good info.

Howdy there Kikicol. Welcome! I do know if you are hand quilting with it...you want to use short lengths. Other than that I believe the biggest thing is getting the tension just right. Try it on a few scrap pieces first and when it works best go for it ....quick! :lol:

Hi, I use invisible thread on both top and bottom. If your machine uses plastic bobbins, just be sure to wind the bobbin very slowly. I was told winding slowly will keep the thread from breaking the plastic bobbin. I've never had a problem. Hope this helps.

Minda

kikicol-
    I have found that when I set the spool of invisible thread in the vertical position, I have no trouble. I had been trying to use it in the horizontal holder and it tangled terribly.
    Good luck

I am new to quilting and have sewed BUT now am Relearning it all. But anyway's do you reduce the bobbin and the top tension to use it on both?????

:D THANKS YA'LL. it was using the spol horoznal that was doing it, again thanks!!

You might try a spool sock. Or what I did was cut a pair of panty hose, made a seam and I put it around my invisable thread spool. I am not sure if that will solve the problem you are having, but I do know that kind of thread tends to want to unravel off of the spool, so securing it might help tighten everything up. I use the thread horizontally and in my bobbin and this keeps everything working just fine. However, I do have plastic bobbins and have broken some by loading too much clear thread, so I just load it about 1/2 full.
    God Bless!
    Lori