Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hi from NW GA.

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

Banned
    Hi and welcome from Illinois. I seldom prewash and I have not had any problems.

Hi from outside St. Louis, MO. I always wash my fabrics as soon as I get them home and put them in plastic rubbermaid tubs. My oldest Granddaughter's name is Kristina spelled like yours. Everyone wants to spell it Christina.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Conyers, GA. (23 miles east of Atlanta) I only wash if I think colors may bleed or if fabric is given to me from sources that maybe questionable. I bought fabric from a garage sale and decided it needed to be wash before I brought it into the house.

To wash or not to wash is about the most talked about subject on the board...next to hand quilting vs. machine quilting. It is always interesting to see others opinions!

I do pre-wash, but because the chemicals in some fabrics really irritate my hands. I think some colors (red anyone) really need to be pre-washed.

I have never pre-washed my fabric. I have several quilts that I have washed after quilting, with no problems.

Hi and welcome from Douglas County, GA. I always wash my fabric, but not until I'm ready to use it. While it is "stash", it's unwashed. I've recently bought some die-cut strips and squares that will have to be washed after they're sewn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2