Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Higher table for cutting?? >

Higher table for cutting??

Higher table for cutting??

Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 PM

After numerous back surgeries I purchased the bed risers for my cutting table, they worked perfectly. It felt (or should I say I DIDN'T feel the backache problem) great to get some cutting done without hurting so bad I had to lay on my heating pad & a pain medication for an hour.Will be moving to a bigger sewing room soon and will be investing in another set of bed risers for more tables.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hookem View Post
I picked up an engineers drafting table that has an electric height adjustment. Almost all engineers now draw on computers so the tables can be picked up for almost nothing. I inlaid my sewing machine into it and use the table at 29" for stitching/quilting and use the push button control to raise it to a comfortable level when cutting. I love it.
What an excellent idea! I use an adjustable drafting table (not electric)that I have set to it's highest sitting and in the middle of the room so I can move around it to cut. My machine is on a sewing table that I specifically bought because it was the lowest I could find!