Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby fabric >

Hobby Lobby fabric

Hobby Lobby fabric

Old 09-02-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
I LOVE how neat and clean their store is. There are some name brand quilting cottons sold there. I am mainly a charity quilter and they have some wonderful fabric at great prices.
I, too, am a charity quilter and I love to browse Hobby Lobby's selection of fabrics. I have never been disappointed in any of my fabrics. I have recently begun to crochet and they have a really nice selection of crochet yard, thread, hooks and books. I just love that store.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

nice and clean stores, have bought their fabric for years !
Old 09-02-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by daisydawg View Post
New hobby lobby is opening in yuma az around october 09, was wondering if their fabric is worth buying. Have never been to their stores , hoping I can get some opinions from you folks.
I bought some Hobby Lobby fabric a few months ago. I bought some of what I call blenders, (some name like Classic Creations, I think). The solids were very stiff and I would pass on that again. Their prints seem to be better though.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 AM

I love their fabrics. If you have a smart phone, you can download their app and always have a 40% off coupon with you. They do have a lot of fabric always at 30% off, but if you want to use the 40% off coupon, tell the girl when she is cutting it, and she will write it up at full price, then you show your coupon at check-out.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
My HL won't do this
At my Hobby Lobby, the clerk always asks if I have the 40% off coupon ... and when I do, she writes down the real price and then the coupon is used for that one fabric. It is only good for one piece of fabric. (Do I ever buy just one piece, no....but I use the coupon for the largest amount I am buying.)

Dina
Old 09-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Banned

Go there ALL the time. Love their fabrics, and the prices are great too!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:58 PM

Hobby Lobby is the only fabric store near us so I shop there all of the time. I've found some beautiful brand name fabrics and they also have a lot of great holiday fabrics, (their Halloween line is particularly cute this year). I don't have a smart phone so I print off a few coupons every week to keep in my purse, just in case!

I worked in fabric stores for years so I know what to look for. Fabric that seems thin, too shiny, or has bad color registration, (the print is off), are ones I never purchase. I have passed by some fabrics at Hobby Lobby because the weave was too loose and you could easily see through it. Also, a lot of their cottons are brushed so they're a little stiff for quilting.

My main complaint is that they don't add new fabrics often enough! But deals like .99 patterns and notions at 50% off make up for that. All in all, if you have a Hobby Lobby coming to town I think you'll be pleased. Their regular prices are a little high in the rest of the store, but the 40% off coupons make it worthwhile to shop there for all kinds of stuff.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:32 PM

I have a hard time going into Hobby Lobby b/c of my asthma, the scents are a big trigger for me. But I do like their fabric and occasionally risk it to check out their fabrics. All the fabric I have bought there has been good quality and good price.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Shop there all the time and never had any problem with
the fabric. After going to Joann"s today I would highly
recommend HL over Joann's. Seems like there quality
is getting worse. Their premium fabric line was terrible.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:39 PM

*** I like their fabric.
*** If you have 40% coupons and they run the fabric at 30% off
*** tell them to write up at full price and you can use the coupon and save the extra 10%.
*** You would not have been able to use the coupon if the product was on sale.