Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-fabric-t269513.html)

daisydawg 09-02-2015 06:12 AM

Hobby Lobby fabric

New hobby lobby is opening in yuma az around october 09, was wondering if their fabric is worth buying. Have never been to their stores , hoping I can get some opinions from you folks.

JackieMN 09-02-2015 06:15 AM

Their fabric has always been of good quality that I have bought. They run a lot of 30% off weekly sales on the cottons.

lfletcher 09-02-2015 06:17 AM

I have bought from Hobby Lobby in the past. It's not my first stop usually, but if I'm looking for something particular, I have been able to find it there on occasion. There is a range in the quality of their fabric, much like a Hancock's Fabric or JoAnn's in my opinion.

jrhboxers 09-02-2015 06:20 AM

Their name fabrics are a really good quality, in my opinion. I love the drape and feel of it. I would compare it in quality with Connecting Threads fabric. IMHO, great fabric at a great price. I have used it in many, many projects and have always been extremely pleased.

JANNY 09-02-2015 06:24 AM

I buy in Hobby Lobby sometimes since it is near my home. Haven't had any problems with their fabrics. Seems like they always have the 30% off discount running. They also have a weekly discount coupon in my newspaper for a 40% off any regular priced item, so I always use that when I go there, even if I just buy a package of needles.

luvstoquilt301 09-02-2015 06:26 AM

I LOVE how neat and clean their store is. There are some name brand quilting cottons sold there. I am mainly a charity quilter and they have some wonderful fabric at great prices.

NJ Quilter 09-02-2015 06:31 AM

I have not bought from them but have wandered the store and fondled the fabric. Definitely worth the stop IMO.

quilter1 09-02-2015 06:33 AM

I have been happy with my purchases there. Some of the fabric is name brand while some is less than the best quality, just watch what you buy. The coupons are great, I have purchased 2 full bolts of Kona cotton with the 40% off. I do like the atmosphere there- quiet, tidy and pleasant staff.

sewbizgirl 09-02-2015 06:35 AM

Their fabrics are very good quality. My only complaint is that they don't rotate them... they always have the same fabrics! But it will take you a while to get sick of them, if you are new to the store.

Elaine433 09-02-2015 06:40 AM

I have one close by and have bought lots of fabrics from them. You will find fabrics from Kaufmann, Michael Miller and other high names and will also find what I would consider their own brands. I have never had any problems with their fabrics. I have had problems with fabrics from JoAnns and Connecting Threads.
Besides the fabrics they have lots of other great items. Sign up for their emails and get their weekly coupon.