Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Homemade Basting Spray >

Homemade Basting Spray

Homemade Basting Spray

Old 12-17-2016, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I forget that not everywhere is as damp as we are here. It would mold in my garage if left there for a while. Everything molds here.
Apparently, it would mold on the shelf with starch or not. That's a real problem. I remember taking clothes that weren't worn in a long time out of the closet and finding white mold on it. A little bleach in the wash water took care of that. I have also found a white coating on things like leather handbags and luggage. I suppose the lesson here is don't have more in your house than you can make use of continually. Sometimes humidity hits us here in Wisconsin, too.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gee Hope View Post
I have not been able to master the washable glue 'drizzle' so I would like to know how the homemade spray works out. I had not heard of this and thank you for posting
Try going to your local store and looking for the condiment bottles they make for picnics. I use one that I refill for my washable school glue that I buy by the gallon online. Much easier on my arthritic hands to squeeze out in a thin swirl.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:27 PM

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will try one of those mustard bottles.
Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Try going to your local store and looking for the condiment bottles they make for picnics. I use one that I refill for my washable school glue that I buy by the gallon online. Much easier on my arthritic hands to squeeze out in a thin swirl.