Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: honest opinion about this fabric

Blog Entries
    I am doing the pinwheel project and the material I had bought was not what the sticker said..I could not get it to work for anything..But, thankfully to some very wonderful people on this board I was able to get the material to work..Which made my daughter very very happy..But, in the mean time I felt very bad for my daughter because she had her heart set on that material that she picked out so I went to the store and picked up this material to do her a quilt in..She really likes skulls so I figured she would love it..NO..She hates it LOL..Now I have no idea what I am going to do with this material..Its 2 yards..Guess next time I will shop only for me :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I inherited some of this in some scraps and I'm with you, don't know what to do with it. Maybe make a girls purse, you know slouch purse and sell it. I don't have enough to do it and thank you no, I don't want anymore of it. Best of luck with it. ((and with your daughter))

Blessings, Ruth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    I inherited some of this in some scraps and I'm with you, don't know what to do with it. Maybe make a girls purse, you know slouch purse and sell it. I don't have enough to do it and thank you no, I don't want anymore of it. Best of luck with it. ((and with your daughter))

Blessings, Ruth
    That is an idea..Thank you :-)

Blog Entries
    i think it's fun fabric. a bit of a hoot, really. :-)

use it for an irish chain with heart motifs in the big blank blocks. slap that sucker up on ebay. i'll bet it sells the day you post it.

It reminds me of the 'rock' group Guns and Roses, but I'm old and it isn't my era. You are right it can be fun.

One Block Wonder or a Stack N Whack maybe?

San

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i think it's fun fabric. a bit of a hoot, really. :-)

use it for an irish chain with heart motifs in the big blank blocks. slap that sucker up on ebay. i'll bet it sells the day you post it.
    I like that idea too :D ..I am so glad that I posted this, now my mind is in gear and I do not feel so bad about spending the money for fabric that I could not use..Thank you all :D

Blog Entries
    My cousin makes welders hats & would love this! It would sell like hot cakes! But if not a purse, why not fussy cut the hearts & skulls & put a solid red or lime green border around each one. Would take lots of fussy cutting but worth it in the long run if she likes it

I see your problem...... I'd have a difficult time with it, too.

Trade it with some one on the board.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast