Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: House Cleaner?

Blog Entries

House Cleaner?

DH has headed out to our place in Wyoming and will be gone for a month. So this week off I am going to pretend I have a house cleaner and just spend the next 7 days quilting!!!!! When I go back to work I will be mad cause the house cleaner never showed up and hope she shows up on my next 7 days off. I will put all the blame on her. That way I will not be mad at me. Here's to quilting, cookies and chocolate. With cookies and chocolate there will be no dishes to wash, so at least the kitchen will stay clean.

I love it when I get a vacation like that! My husband is very easy going but I still like it when I have the whole house to myself. Only problem is any more when others find out I'm going to be alone they think I need company and come over, invite me to dinner, ask me to babysit, etc. I'm not going to tell anyone again until AFTER he comes back!

Blog Entries
    Enjoy it, you are lucky. My husband would want me to come. He even wants me to go with him to get a haircut. He traveled a lot for work, so now that we are retired, he's making up for the time he was gone. I think I have less time to quilt now than when I worked!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

My Husband and I spend all put 12-14 hours a week together. We have been married 51 years. I can sew all I want with him there.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Don't get me wrong. I love my DH of 31 years. I have to stay here and work while he is retired and building our new home in Wyoming. It is over 700 miles from where we live now so I can not go on my days off. He totally supports my quilting. It is just I am home alone and having some fun time doing what I want the most. That is to quilt. Believe me I miss him.

I have said that the reason I like some alone time is because I know Mr Stitchnripper will be back. Just a change of pace.

I love my DH too but its easier to concentrate with an empty house. I too value the rare days when I get the place to myself.

Call a cleaning service to come in for a day. Ask them to do a couple heavy jobs you don't like to do, or can't manage to do on your own, that way you will still be able to quilt AND you got a job or two done on the heavy cleaning list!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I have said that the reason I like some alone time is because I know Mr Stitchnripper will be back. Just a change of pace.
    That's funny. I will have to remember that one. Don't feel so alone now. Unfortunately he even sneaks in when DH is here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    That's funny. I will have to remember that one. Don't feel so alone now. Unfortunately he even sneaks in when DH is here.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast