Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Housewarming gift....need ideas >

Housewarming gift....need ideas

Housewarming gift....need ideas

Old 06-01-2016, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

If you don't mind giving her something that only she will see there are directions on Nancy ziemans site to make permanent dryer balls. Use in dryer instead of fabric softener. I'm going to make them once I get the wool roving.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
she hasn't requested anything. when she got married last August, I made her placemats, napkins, towels, crocheted wahrags, and pot holders for all the holidays. I've made her tablerunners, toppers, and even fabric covered flipflops. quilts for Christmas and a throw. I've made her ornaments, and this year, music ornaments. I'm clear out of ideas. She's financially well to do at 27, this is her second house. She loves hand made items. Maybe I won't be invited and luck out. I still feel I need to send something to her. Don't know what kind of house they are getting yet. She mentioned something about a colonial. I don't know what to do.
A bird feeder set, a wreath, garden tools, a microwave pot protector, a garden plant, a welcome mat, a gardening apron or a hanging plant. My daughter sent me a bird bath bird feeder combo. I just moved a few months ago.
Maybe a a gift certificate to a big box store or garden center
Old 06-02-2016, 03:01 PM

My favorite gift to give is Pillow Cases! Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries or just because someone s special.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by bneuen View Post
I purchased the periwinkle template after watching the periwinkle mug rug on Missouri Star Quilt to make star shaped mug rugs for small gifts. They make up in about 30-45 minutes and are really cute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiFOsVye6IE

thank you for sharing this i ordered everything i needed to make these, they seem to make up very fast. and these will make great gifts.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:35 PM

How about an apron or some little zipper bags? I made a bunch of little bags in bright colors and they are coming in really handy to store charging cords, makeup, loose stuff in the desk, medicines, etc.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:39 AM

Well she likes hand made and she has a colonial house. What would you think of an embroidered old fashioned wall sampler?
Old 06-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

I've made her a tree skirt about 3 yrs ago. She lives in VA and is moving to PA I live on Long Island NY, so some shipping problems need to be addresses. I can't mail too heavy of an item. I love the wreaths, but it's cumbersome to ship.I've made coasters, towels washcloths, dishrags, place mats, ect. I just made hr a boxy pouch for her birthday with a lace necklace I made and some makeup brushes. i''ve done Christmas stocking and ornaments every year. I don't know if she drinks.The microwave bowls sounds like something she could us. I'll try some them.

keep the ideas coming. and thank you.