Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Big is Your Stash??Let's be honest... >

How Big is Your Stash??Let's be honest...

How Big is Your Stash??Let's be honest...

Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Hi, I am new to the group and also a beginning quilter. My stash however is advanced. I did not know how large it was until I bought boxes to put it in so we could move and was amazed at how many it took. The boxes I bought are not real deep but are long and it took 16 of them and we have found it is not enough. My question is if you don't put fabric in your closet what is if for?

Old 09-09-2007, 01:38 PM

If I were able to organize all my sewing and hand craft things, expecially the fabric in one location, it would take at least a 15 x 20 room, floor to ceiling. But, who's going to admit to that much "stuff."
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Yes, but the color isn't quit right...

My stash is small,
it fits in tub
it pokes it's head out
asking "What's the hub bub?"
Sew I say "Come here,
I've plans for you”
and if you're not big enough,
your brother will do.
If neither of you,
I'll look for your mother
At the fabric store
there's surely another.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 AM

Yeah, just got inspired by the stash when reading about other's.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 AM
lin

Cute Steve! A quilter AND a poet! :mrgreen:
Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Yeah, just your typical quilter, cook, baker, musician, composer, writer, poet here (forget the day job).
Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Hi, I have about 4 totes full of fabric, a bag full of receiving blankets, 4 quilts started and a closet with supplies, cutting board, sewing machine, buttons etc... My hubby just sighs and rolls the eyes when I say I need more material, but I am trying to get thru some of it before I buy more. I owe my DIL and both grandkids quilts for Christmas I have to get done....
Deb :mrgreen:
Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM

MY STASH FILLS AN 8-FOOT LONG CLOSET; 3 BIG STORAGE CONTAINERS, AND I THINK THERE'S MORE IN DIFFERENT CLOSETS. I SORT BY COLOR WITH SEPARATE AREA FOR THEME OR FOCUS FABRICS. IF YOU DIVIDE THE LENGTH OF YOUR SHELF BY 2 (OR 3), ADD A LITTLE ROOM FOR SPACING; USE THE AMOUNT YOU GET TO CUT A FORM SAME LENGTH AS THE CARDBOARD THE FABRIC IS SOLD ON; MAKE IT AS WIDE AS THE MEASUREMENT FROM YOUR SHELF (I USE .75 THICK STYROFOAM THAT'S USED TO INSULATE HOUSES. FOLD YOUR NEW FABRIC ON THAT FORM AND THEN SLIDE THE FORM OUT; FOLD PIECE IN HALF;IT ALL STACKS NEATLY ON YOUR SHELF
Old 09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
lin

I have a hutch in which the top half is full of my fat quarters, and the bottom half is filled with my dh's old cotton shirts that I plan to make a quilt from some day, as well as some solid fabric yardage.

I have two large baker's racks filled with smaller yardage (half yard cuts up to three yards.

I have 19 bolts with yardage over three yards.

I have ten quilt tops in my closet waiting to be quilted, one on a hoop in the process of being hand quilted, one partially machine quilted that's waiting for me to finish my client quilt, one simply waiting to have it's binding attached, and three quilt tops in the process of being completed.

Lastly, I've just cut the pieces out for a wall hanging that I'm taking a class on in a couple of weeks.

Oy vey!!

LOL
Old 09-11-2007, 10:37 AM

Hi Mary! My stash is not that big yet, but i am working on it! I am originally from Thibodaux. I was just there over Labor Day weekend and di my best to help support the quilt shop on Magazine St in NO. My sister and mom and lots of other siblings are still in Thibodaux, but I escaped :lol: