Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Can I Get Out of My Slump?

Take a break from sewing for a little while, or go make a pincushion or something like that, not even anything quilted. Try some art sewing or quilting, do something to break the chain of normal.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

join the bd's Doll Quilt swap which is small and your making it for someone else...Very inspiring...and gets you thinking of doing something special for someone else.

I get over whelmed with life around here and can not get it all together. Thus the slump I am in right now. "One of these days" has been a long time in coming. Hopefully.............soon.
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

Barbara, I was feeling the same way, my sewing machine quit on me, I bought a new one, but still couldn't get in the mood to sew. My neighbor called me Saturday and wanted me to go to a new quilt shop for block of the month meeting. I went and being with all those quilters and seeing their drive worked. I am back to sewing and loving it. Good luck you will get it back.

Power Poster
    Have you seen the post on the easy square casserole carrier. It was posted by Gail and is a quick and neat little project. It might get you back in the mood. Go through your stash and pull out a couple or co-ordinating samples, it only needs about 20 inces of 2 fabrics plus a longer piece for the handle. I used mine to practice my FMQ on.

Blog Entries
    I think, from reading all the work that went on here for Christmas gifts, that everyones' slump is the body trying to tell you it needs a good rest. Just my opinion.ha

Usually I get out of my slumps by doing something else or going on vacation where I cannot take my quilting. The minute I am no longer able to do it, I have a great desire. Guess I just want what I can't have.

I hate to suggest this but going to the fabric inspires me in soooooooooo many ways. He he he. I then go home and re-organize by fabric and supplies.

For me I don't do deadline, if I finish a quilt in a month or a year, it won't matter I work on it when in the mood. If I am not in the mood for 5 month so be it, You don't have to be constantly productive. Its supposed to be fun, so work on it at your own pace when you want.

I call it quilting ADD ( I just can't sit at the machine too long without getting up to do something else).
    To cover all bases, I generally call it the winter blues. Not enough vitamin D and sunshine.

I try to think of my life as seasons....when I am able to do the things I love, I am thankful. When I am not able to the things I love, for whatever reason...I just try to think of it as a season...and I know it will come back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast