Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How could anyone do that ? >

How could anyone do that ?

How could anyone do that ?

Old 06-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

I have the SS and it has never moved on the extension table for my machine. I have to peel it off. Maybe the surface it is on makes a difference?
Old 06-29-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have the SS and it has never moved on the extension table for my machine. I have to peel it off. Maybe the surface it is on makes a difference?
Mine doesn't move either. I wash it under the faucet with cool water occasionally when it starts to feel less sticky.

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
Not a SS, but I sewed through an Olfa cutting mat. It was a "slap myself in the forehead" moment.
I did that too.

Last edited by quiltsRfun; 06-29-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 PM

That is so sad to have happen, I would be just beside myself.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 AM

Oh dear, I do feel for you..nothing worse than having to undo millions of stitches.....don't dwell on it, it will just become more upsetting...just jump into the unpicking with gritted teeth and your favourite music playing!

I once put my iron, sole down onto the carpet in my sewing room forgetting that it was still switched on. Came back into the room a few minutes later finding the carpet scorched and the place smelling foul!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:23 AM

Good luck. I agree perseverance and time will be you friend. For my quilting bleep...must have tired. I made myself an ironing mat to put next to my machine so I don't have to get up and go to the ironing board and absent mindedly used it to square up a block so now I has a nice cut in it Decided it was time to take a break. All in the life of a quilter
Old 06-30-2015, 04:10 AM

I never use my Supreme Slider any more, since I bought the Brother PQ1500. The bed and the extension table are so slick that I have no trouble moving anything I am quilting. Also, I found it to be a nuisance, having to tape it and it curling in the back.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
I never use my Supreme Slider any more, since I bought the Brother PQ1500. The bed and the extension table are so slick that I have no trouble moving anything I am quilting. Also, I found it to be a nuisance, having to tape it and it curling in the back.

This is the same machine I use the SS on. No problem with it slipping and I haven't had it curl up in the back either. Odd. My SS is one of the first ones. I wonder if the newer ones are made with different type of product. Mine does seem thicker then some I've seen at guild.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
If you haven't frogged yet, the easiest way to remove dense stitching is to start at the end of the stitching line: pull up the top thread and the bobbin thread will "pop" to the top as a loop. Using your seam ripper, pull the top thread through the loop. Pull the bobbin thread loop back down to underneath.
Repeat.
Don't cut or shorten the bobbin thread but instead wind it around a finger from underneath to pull those loops back down. As the top thread gets "too" long to quickly pull through the bobbin loop on the top side of the quilt, clip it!
You'll be able to remove even the most dense or tangled mess using this technique.
I use this method to remove even simple boo boos. You won't have a kazillion bits of threads to remove. It doesn't leave big holes from tugging the threads. It doesn't distort bias edges.
Hope this helps someone save a beloved quilt.
I would love to see a video of this action. Or better yet, see you do it in person. Sounds like a good way; one I've never heard of before. Now I have to go sew a line of stitching on some scrap and then try to take it out. LOL
Old 06-30-2015, 08:58 AM

I have been there and done that...was lucky only a small portion near the needle...just cut a larger hole and where it was slightly torn...taped it with the magic blue painters tape...still works good as new...actually scotch tape would probably work also. I almost always remember to tape it all around with the blue painters tape that way it never moves...sure you can repair it and it will still work fine...they are expensive but very effective
Old 06-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

I folded my backing back and quilted it down. Not easy to rip either.