Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you attach your binding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa
    I use 2.25" strips. Sew to the back, then sew to the front with a matching thread. I sew a straight stitch about 1/8" or a bit less from the edge of the binding. Saves time, and my hands!
    This is what I do...I just finished a queen size using this method. http://www.quiltville.com/binding.shtml This is a good tutorial on the first steps and how to miter corners. I then roll the binding to the front of the quilt and stitch close to the edge as Mariposa stated and not trying to catch the binding on the back. It leaves me with a quilt line the entire way around the quilt back but it usually looks good. Hope this makes sense. I just learned it a couple quilts ago but I actually like doing the binding now.

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    I machine stitch it on the front and hand stitch it on the back.
    This is how I do it. I actually love binding. I enjoy having something to do in evenings when I watch TV.

rb.
    I machine stitch to the back, pull it around, and top stitch by machine to the front. I use black binding, usually, and the same hread I quilted with, usually varigated. Looks very nice.

I also stitch to the back and quilt the front. The bobbin matches the backing. It saves my hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2