Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you dress for guild meetings?

I've never given a thought to dress at our guild. I either wear what I wore to work or I change into jeans and a t-shirt. No one is dressy, but if people came from work they might be business casual.

Even our presenters aren't often dressed up. I think if you came dressed to the nines (an evening gown might get some looks) or in pajama pants, no one would really think otherwise- everyone just wears what they want.

I imagine this is partly regional, as well as age-related. We tend to dress more casually on the west coast. Most women at my guilds are very casually dressed, but a few are very well put together. Me, I've lived in jeans since I retired, sometimes with a t-shirt and sometimes with a blouse. Sometimes I do change clothes to go to the Walmart, but that's because I'm still in my pajamas and Walmart frowns on that. (Well, maybe not. I've seen pictures online of some of those Walmart shoppers. Not pretty.)

I usually wear capri pants and a blouse. Most of the ladies in my giuld are retired and they always dress nice casual.

Blog Entries
    I have never taken notice of what others wear.
    I have never really cared what I wear, as long as it's comfortable, clean, and there are no holes.
    I am waaay too interested in the quilts to notice anything else.

Guess it depends on the group and the part of the country. We tend to be CA casual LOL

Power Poster
    We are very informal most wear jeans or shorts in summer. Personally like that but for our Christmas party the gals wear dress slacks and nicer sweaters or blouses.

I dressed everyday for work, suits, heels, etc as I spent a lot of time in court for my job. When I retired I gave it all away and said, NEVER again. Now I dress for Special occasions like weddings the rest of the time it's jeans, capris, and tee shirts.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

If it is clean and I'm comfy I'll wear it! LOL I don't go to make a fashion statement.

I only have jeans and that is what I wear. Others are coming from work and are dressed in whatever they wear to work. A couple of nurses come in their uniforms, the kind with a top and matching pants... don't remember what they are called... Wear what you are comfortable to wear and don't worry about it.
    Save the Earth!

Itís the only planet with Chocolate.

I dress real casual unless, it is a special meeting /party like xmas or such.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast