Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • how do you store your Accuquilt dies? >
  • how do you store your Accuquilt dies?

• how do you store your Accuquilt dies?

Old 01-22-2016, 08:16 AM
    Power Poster

I had to find a way to store then and still be able to find the die I wanted without going through all of them. I have a 6ft table and keep my dies on it in racks, they stack in the racks on their side. I have several of the Accuquilt racks but found the dishrack at Walmart holds the same amount of dies. I have over a hundred dies and they all fit on the table in the racks. I have one rack filled with mats.
    Old 01-22-2016, 10:30 AM

I bought one an accuquilt bag and store all my dies and mats in that, it stays in the closet and out of the way.
    Old 01-22-2016, 11:16 AM

I have the Accuquilt rack and a wire file folder that I had from work. Put them side by side, so the two of them would hold the 2 long strip dies that I have with the mats and the other dies fit just fine. (I only have 14 dies.) My husband bought a white plastic shelf unit for my sewing room a long time ago. It is light enough for me to move it from place to place when I have that urge to rearrange the room and strong enough to hold all my dies on the top.
    Old 01-22-2016, 11:40 AM

I have my strip dies in an old dog food container with wheels. I can put it under my table or beside some shelves. I also have a metal magazine holder in the container with smaller dies that aren't used as often.

I do have some metal mail-like slots for more frequently used dies but those are stored by my Accuquilt table.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540821[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 01-22-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    Old 01-22-2016, 02:06 PM

Love your sewing and storage area, this is the way to store them, just done stack them on top of each other as it will cut into the next die and also ruin the foam.

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Storing the dies upright, like books, is probably the best idea. The blades aren't bumping into each other and you can get the die you need without moving a whole stack of others. Remember, they are much heavier than books, so you couldn't use a regular bookshelf without reinforcing. I have hundreds of dies and my husband and I built a workstation specifically for this purpose. http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...n-t240642.html
    Old 01-22-2016, 06:53 PM

you all have given me some good ideas. live in a rural area so few thrift stores, but will stop by Walmart & Dollar Tree tomorrow to see what I can find. Also maybe the one business supply store--but it' small. I have an appointment in the city next week & if I can't find anything locally I'll got by the big box stores. I agree that I don't want them stacked on top of each other or leaning at an angle though.
    Old 01-23-2016, 02:23 AM

I found this holder in the kitchen section at Walmart for under $5. Works perfectly, each section easily holds two dies and one cutting mat.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]540854[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.gif  
    Old 01-23-2016, 04:42 AM

as long as they're on their sides and not laying flat
    Old 01-23-2016, 06:36 AM

I have my strip dies stored upright in a tote. I do cover my Studio cutter, but I am planning to adopt a couple of cats soon, so I will probably start covering my dies like Weezy Rider does.
    Old 01-23-2016, 07:21 AM

I have a large sewing room and a walk in closet which hubby remodeled for me during this past year. then after making it look really pretty he didn't want me to hang my peg boards in it, so he put 2 of them in the basement, which is next to my sewing room - works great for me.
    I use the one for my embroidery hoops and quilt rulers, and the other for my go and studio dies:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540867[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]540868[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_1153.jpg   img_1152.jpg