Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how do you store your Accuquilt dies? >

how do you store your Accuquilt dies?

how do you store your Accuquilt dies?

Old 01-21-2016, 07:35 PM

Default how do you store your Accuquilt dies?

Just got the Accuquilt for Christmas and bought the strip bundle (long dies) and took advantage of the recent overstock sale and bought some triangles in the square (yeah! won't have to labor with my Tri Recs ruler now

But how do you store your dies? I've seen the rack on the online site. But it looks like it only stores about 10-12 and sets on a table. I'm short of table space so was thinking a wall storage rack would be smart. But beyond that I have absolutely no ideas--so right now they are leaning against the wall.

Because of the Go storage rack & the Studio storage rack, I'm thinking that it's best to separate the dies so they aren't stacked on each other.

Anyone have a brilliant system?
Old 01-21-2016, 08:21 PM

I wonder if you could use those wall mounted magazine racks. I just got a couple that can either hang together or separately.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

I was thinking of something similar but the office file holders that can be fastened to a wall.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:56 AM

Mine are stored flat in the original envelopes they came it. I have cats and forced hot air heat. Getting cat hair and dust off the dies can be a pain. I did card crafting with the Sizzix for years and had the same problem with cat hair and decided I was going to keep the Go dies covered. I had an old cabinet that just fit the Go.

The Go itself stays open, but covered with a towel. The Siamese perches on it.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:46 AM

Hi, I use a pot lid holder--not as high as the accuquilt holder but it works. You can stand two dies in each section, holds 16 dies. I bought mine at a Dollar General. Wal Mart sells them, too.

Last edited by Dakota Joan; 01-22-2016 at 04:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2016, 04:52 AM

Mail organizers also work and are a dollar or less at any thrift store. However, I'm struggling with storing mine now that I have almost 60 of them. Currently mine are stored upright in a cabinet with no rack dividing them. I have heard that stacking them flat can damage the blades.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:13 AM

Mine are stored upright under my cutting table.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Storing the dies upright, like books, is probably the best idea. The blades aren't bumping into each other and you can get the die you need without moving a whole stack of others. Remember, they are much heavier than books, so you couldn't use a regular bookshelf without reinforcing. I have hundreds of dies and my husband and I built a workstation specifically for this purpose. http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...n-t240642.html
Old 01-22-2016, 06:16 AM

I have many dies......I have resorted to going to goodwill and buying a tv entertainment center...they seem to be a dime a dozen since the BIG TVs are now the rage...anyway, bought a great one for $10.00, added another shelf where the tv would sit. Also have accumulated , from the same source, those wire pot/folder holders...each hold about 10 dies- give or take....those probably .99 or 1.99 each.......labeled each shelf A,B,C,D.......put dies onto racks by size....all A, same size, etc., printed out hard copy of die list from accuquilt.....and one evening, went thru all dies listed, checked the ones I have and placed...A,B,C, etc. Now as I need a die, I look it up, go to that shelf and there it is! Works for me....I'm sure others have great ideas to.....
Old 01-22-2016, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Have you thought of peg board?? I remember someone who had the long one and stored it leaning against the wall. She discovered that it didn't cut straight strips any more.